2/3: Qualities in our Husbands
What are the qualities and characteristics that you are looking for in your future husband? We have talked about what we don’t want, but it’s good to have an idea of those things that are important to us. Discerning religious life? This applies to communities, as well!
Be sure to check out Morgan:
And Jen at:
who kindly host these link-ups. 🙂
I’m finally back after missing a couple link-ups. I’ve enjoyed reading posts when time permits. One of my goals is to work on commenting more to your lovely posts. School and the internship has been keeping me busy. Now onto the link-up topic of which I often ponder.
Even though I could ramble on and on about the qualities I’d like to find in my future husband, I’ll say what’s most important to me is he’d have a heart for God and put his faith before me and our family. He’d passionately and tirelessly work with me to get our family to heaven. I’d like him to be understanding and open-minded and able to discuss different perspectives. I’d love it if he were able to talk openly about his feelings and thoughts. I’d want him to accept K as if she were his own along with providing any future children unconditional love, respect and wisdom in parenting.
Of course he should be taller than my small fry size and so good-looking that this blind girl would notice. Whether or not he’s blind or sighted, I want him to accept me for who I am, flaws and all. I would do the same for him. Rather than ramble on and on I’ll get my ADD brain in-gear and post a more organized list.
- If he’s sighted accepting and trusting: of my blindness and that I have a child. Blindness is never used against me.
- Respects each other as well as helps us grow into better people. Team mentality.
- Able to deal with conflict and stand up for ourselves against opposition
- He is able to laugh with me and be silly. When it is needed he can be serious.
- Is my best mortal friend and love but puts God before me.
- Is able to share all types of responsibilities equally. Cooperate or be able to look for other solutions together.
- We have attainable goals. Even if they are different, we are able to make sacrifices for each other so each other can reach their goals. Find some type of balance.
- Is able to apologize or ask for sincere forgiveness and put past hurts or situations in the past. Can say I’m sorry
- Communication and openness: We are able to effectively communicate with each other but actively listen as well.
- Truthfulness, honesty and sincerity: when issues arise for either one of us we can talk about them, work through them and remember the qualities which helped us love in the first place.
- Until next time,